Friday, July 22, 2011

Week 13: Mech Arm

ARRRGGHHH!!!! Apparently the school computer had a virus in it that transferred into my thumb drive and when I went home, my anti-virus detected the virus and deleted all the file that contained the virus. Which was practically EVERYTHING.

Luckily, I had backups stored on my laptop for all my files....HOWEVER... the screenshot of the process of making the animation were lost zzz.

Anyway, this week lab was the animation of the crane. The final outcome was to pick up the box and move it to the platform. I found this lesson to be a huge step forward as we learnt how to use skeletons and constraints. These skills are the stepping stones to creating a realistic or at least a human animation model.


There were a few problems when I was doing this exercise. I did not know how to use the Constrain -> Set to Rest Position function and my box teleported around when i used the constraints. Another problem i encountered was that I thought that we had to parent the cargo box to the arm control for it to move but apparently a constraint was needed. It took me awhile to complete this exercise and i had to ask around for some help regarding the problems. Eventually though, I completed it and I have a good feeling of the assignment ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment