Friday, February 3, 2012

Week5: Spidey

The first lab of this week kicks off the start of the animation process. We were told to animate the hip of Spider-Man when he moves his weight from one leg to another. Before starting animating, I expected to be quite easy since it was just normal animation. However the moment I started working on it, I was surprised that it was much more challenging then I thought! The displacement of the weight was particularly hard to animate and it took me a few attempts to get it. Mr James then taught us the three layers of animation which frankly made life much more easier.

The first layer was to key the key poses. These key poses will be the extremes of the movement which means that there will not be another frame that is more "extreme" then those key poses.

The second layer was timing. Drag out the key poses and make sure the timing of them are well measured. Add more details to the animation in this step too. Anticipation and Follow Through should be done here.

The third and last layer is to make sure that the Slow in and Slow out principle is in the animation by editing the graph editor to give the animation some acceleration and deceleration.

With these skills, I believe that soon, I will be able to tackle the assignment with some readiness. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment