Wednesday, January 11, 2012


Semester 2.2: 3D Visualisation and Animation!!

1st Work for 3DVA is creating a cow! Initially I thought it was a Hippo and I even named the maya file Hippo.mb. Anyway... this tutorial have thought me how to model a basic head, body and hands through rotation and extruding.


Even though I have learnt these skills from IN3D, I did not know that they can be used in this manner. I have encountered quite a few problems with the model whereby vertices merge without me noticing and having a hidden extruded face. The picture below shows what I got when I smoothen an extra hidden layer of extruded faces.

This is solved by deleting the faces, filling up the holes, split-ing the polygons and adjusting the vertices. I then finish off by smoothening the whole cow. Another problem I encountered was modelling the hand.

Thinking that I could just mirror the hand, I finished the entire hand which includes moving the vertices for the knuckles and the palm indentation. THAN I realized that the placing of the thumb was different for both hands and I had to model another hand to go with it.

With this tutorial, I have officially started 3DVA and I look forward to upcoming work as this is a subject I have more interest in compared to the others. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment