Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 3: Lab 1 - Part 1

The Bucket


This exercise is much more difficult compared to the usual exercises and it teaches me many new skills by itself. The "Revolve" tool is very useful when making objects with a circular base and it reduces the user's workload.

This bucket required more precise work such as creating the bucket handle and the knob. The curve used to create the handle had to be in place with the knob and the soft modification tool only made it.

Reflection
This bucket is a somewhat like the first milestone in this subject. Utilizing all of the past skills learnt here. My basics for Maya is somewhat oK~~~ and I hope I can remember all the skills learnt to create an awesome model for my project!

Reference
A difficult part in this exercise is understanding the use of the soft modification tool. There is a video on Youtube about this tool and the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment