Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 4: Reflections

  • Does multi-tasking give you a real or false sense of having accomplished something?
According to the two articles given, multi-tasking gives a false sense of accomplishment and even heightens the person's sense of distraction.


  • Is learning 3D and design different from learning programming, or is all learning the same?Why?
For me personally, I would say that it is both. Learning something, anything, requires attention and I can say that I may be able to learn everything at a average rate if I can pay attention at it.

However, as mentioned in the article, my attention for 3D and design is a "stimulus-driven attention" whereas my attention for programming is "controlled attention". Personally, I find that learning something using "stimulus-driven attention" is much easier then learning something you force yourself to learn.


  • The article states that “Learning is actually a very complex operation for an individual”. Do you agree with this? Do you feel that you approach your learning in the best way – if yes, how, and if no, how can you change your work style?

Having mentioned above MY personal view on learning, I agree that learning differentiates among individuals.

I feel that I am not approaching my learning in the best way possible as I dislike using "controlled attention" to learn. I have entered the wrong course (should have gone to Game Design in NYP) and hence I have to learn programming which I dislike. However, since I HAVE to learn my course modules, I have to find a way for me to get enthusiastic about the subjects I do not really like so that I can learn with a "Stimulus-driven attention".

  • What are your thoughts about the last paragraph in the extract?

I believe that the last paragraph in the extract is absolutely true. To thrive in the working industry, one has to have talents and personality in order to work with their co-workers and a good relationship is needed for a healthy and successfully career.

  • Should your lecturers also focus on your work attitude, or just leave you to sink or swim on your own? Why?

The way this question is structured makes the answer quite obvious. Lecturers should definitely try and focus on our work attitude it they have the time to. The students work attitude and motivation determines their results and everyone wants to get good grades.


No comments:

Post a Comment